Fellowship Terms & Conditions - Greek Orthodox Archdiocesan Council (GOAC) at the UN
Publicador de continguts
Faith-based Advocacy and Diplomacy Fellowship Conditions
- Eligibility: Enrolled graduate students (in an accredited graduate program), having completed at least one year of graduate study, or those who have already earned a graduate degree (from an accredited graduate program) and are within five years of graduation from such graduate degree program, and who are Orthodox Christians, are eligible to apply for the position of Fellow for the Department of Inter-Orthodox, Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America’s (“Department”) Faith Based Advocacy and Diplomacy Fellowship (“Fellowship”). Applicants also must be at least 18 years of age.
- How to Apply: Eligible individuals (“Applicants”) must fill out the online application form: http://un.goarch.org/fellowship
- Application/Applicant Requirements: Applications must meet the following requirements: (i) the application must be completed by the applicant without outside assistance; (ii) the application must be submitted through the online application platform; (iii) all recommendations must be postmarked by Friday, April 13th, 2018; (iv) applicants must complete the application in its entirety and are responsible for timely submission of recommendation letters; (v) applicants must be legal residents of the United States of America or obtain the appropriate Visa of their own accord and be authorized to work in the United States; (viii) if the applicant submits an incomplete application, they will not be considered; and (ix) false entries or acts, as determined by the Department, will render the application ineligible for further consideration.
These conditions are subject to change as determined by the Department. All Department decisions on applications are final.
Any costs related to the application process are the sole responsibility of the Applicant.
- Application Period: The Application Period begins on Monday, December 18th, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, April 13th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Application Submission Deadline"). Applications received after the Application Submission Deadline or outside the Application Period shall be considered ineligible. The Department, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to extend the application period for any Applicant.
- Determination of Fellows: A committee, appointed by Department in its sole discretion (“Committee”), will recommend two fellows to the Director.
- Notification/Requirements: The appointed Fellows will be notified of their appointment via email or telephone on or before May 13, 2018. The appointed Fellows must notify the Department, within seven (7) days of the date notice is sent, if they will accept or reject the Fellowship offer. If a potential Fellow cannot be contacted, or fails to notify the Department within the required time period noted above, the Department reserves the right to rescind the offer. A Fellow must comply with all terms and conditions of these conditions.
- Remuneration: A Fellow will receive a stipend in the amount of $30,000 distributed over the duration of the fellowship (“Remuneration”).
Please note that housing, daily commute, and other costs of living, not explicitly listed in the definition of the “Remuneration” are the responsibility of the Fellow. Fellows are not eligible for any benefits of the Archdiocese.
- Expectations: The 2018-2019 Fellowship will officially begin September 1st, 2018 and end July 31st, 2019. Fellows are expected to (1) participate in an orientation the last week of August, exact date(s) and time to be determined; (2) comply with the requirements set forth by the Director of the Department.
- Content and Publication: All works produced by Fellows – including but not limited to, oral and written interventions, statements, event materials, software, publications, writings, and website content – are the sole property of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. Fellows may not publish, reuse, or reproduce said material without explicit permission from the Archdiocese.
- Release/Publicity Consent: Except where prohibited by law, the Fellow consents and agrees to the use of their names, photographs, likeness, and statements for broadcast, marketing and promotional purposes in any media (including, without limitation, online) by the Department and its promotional agencies, designees, successors and assigns, before, during and after the Fellowship, without compensation or right of review, attribution, or notice, in perpetuity. The Fellow may be required by the Department to sign a Publicity Release (where not prohibited by law) regarding such consent as a condition to receipt of Remuneration.
- Agreement to Fellowship Conditions: By participating in the fellowship, Fellows fully and unconditionally agree to accept these fellowship conditions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Fellowship.
- General Conditions: The Department reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Fellowship. A fellow is an at will employee of the Archdiocese. A Fellow shall conduct him/herself consistent with the teachings of the Orthodox Christian Church. A fellow shall promote and advance the actives of the Department. The Department’s failure to enforce any term of these conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that term or any other term of the fellowship conditions. The Department is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, or lost applications or notifications.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any fellowship conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other condition. In the event that any condition is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable condition were eliminated from the fellowship conditions.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, applicants agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Application or any Remuneration awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal District Court of the Southern District of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Applicant or Fellow be permitted to obtain awards for, and Applicant or Fellow hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Governing Law: The Initiative is governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any choice of law provisions. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these fellowship conditions, or the rights and obligations of the applicant and Department in connection with the Application and/or any Remuneration shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Sponsor: The fellowship is sponsored by a generous grant from the Archbishop Iakovos Leadership 100 Endowment Fund and is administered by the Department of Inter-Orthodox, Ecumenical, and Interfaith Relations of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, 8 East 79th Street, New York, NY 10075.
- Questions: All questions regarding the Fellowship can be referred to the Department of Inter-Orthodox, Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations. Contact information can be found here.
- Amendments. The Department reserves the right to amend or modify these fellowship conditions at any time, in its sole discretion.
 Full-time employees of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether or not related) of each such person, are not eligible to apply